1. Prep your skin!
• Before putting on any makeup, make sure to exfoliate and moisturize and prime your skin with a good moisturizer and sunscreen to keep those harmful UV rays away and the dark spots at bay! Regularly moisturising your skin in the AM and PM will enable your makeup to melt into your face just like a second skin but more smooth and glowy!
• Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. An average of 8 glasses a day is optimal for the human body to function perfectly. Staying hydrated also improves your complexion and makes skin more elastic and taut.
3. Perfect Blush!
• Pick a blush that suits your skin tone perfectly. For light and fair skin, go for light pink or lilac blushes that give you a flush of colour and for as the skin tones get darker, try blushes with peachy and warmer undertones. Where you apply your blush also affects the rest of your look. Applying blush to the apple of your cheeks can create an illusion of a natural flush of colour while applying blush at the highest points of your cheekbones will create a lifting effect on you.
4. Lip Tips
• To achieve the perfect lips, exfoliate and moisturize your lips with Glow Nation’s Ultra Moisturizing Lip Mask before applying any kind of pigmented lip products. Pick a shade of lipstick that caters to you, as dark lipsticks make lips look smaller while lighter and shimmery lipsticks can make lips look fuller. You can top off your lipstick with our Glimmer Gloss that comes in various shades to add a lustrous shine to your overall look.
• Dont have a steady hand when using a liquid eyeliner? Don’t worry, the perfect “cat eye” liner look can be achieved with everyday objects you can find around your house! Position a business card, a square post-it note or even some washi tape to the outer corner of your eye at an angle to get that ultra-sharp wing liner! When applying eyeliner, try not to pull on your eyelids or eyes too hard as tugging your skin can damage your skin. To enhance your eyes even more, add white eyeliner to the bottom waterline. This allows your eyes to look more wide and open.